IT Foundation, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_ITFOUN
Control Number: 42527
Not Financial Aid Eligible
This certificate program provides students with a preliminary foundation in the field of Information Technology. The emphasis on personal computers and networking will provide students with the foundational skills needed for an entry-level position. Topics covered include IT terminology and concepts, infrastructure, managing applications and software, software development concepts, database fundamentals, and basic cybersecurity. The courses emphasize development of fundamental technical skills needed in computer networking, help desk troubleshooting, and best practices for device security.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to solve common networking problems to design and implement a workable solution.
- Build and maintain secure networks.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:|
|CST C104||IT Fundamentals||3|
|CST C110||Computer Hardware and Software (A+ Essentials)||4|
|CST C128||Computer Networking Principles (Network+)||3|
|CST C198||Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Foundations||3|
|CYBR C101||Introduction to Cybersecurity||3|