Cloud Computing, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_CLCO
Control Number: 42005
Financial Aid Eligible
This certificate program provides students with a solid background in the field of information technology and cloud computing. The program courses help students prepare for entry-level information technology positions in cloud computing and operations, such as Cloud Administrator, Cloud Architect, Cloud Systems Operator, Cloud Security Specialist, Cloud Developer. Topics include computer networking fundamentals, cloud security, introductory programming, server administration, cloud architecture, cloud application support and development, cloud service support, and cloud system operations. The program courses emphasize hands-on and technical writing assignments to help students develop in-demand skills for the information technology workforce.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to solve common networking problems to design and implement a workable solution.
- Build and maintain secure networks.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:|
|CST C104||IT Fundamentals||3|
|CST C128||Computer Networking Principles (Network+)||3|
|CST C158||Contemporary Operating Systems (Server+)||3|
|CYBR C101||Introduction to Cybersecurity||3|
|CST C198||Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Foundations||3|
|CST C295||Amazon Web Services Architect Associate||3|
|CST C296||Amazon Web Services Cloud Operations Associate||3|
|CST C297||Amazon Web Services Cloud Developer||3|