Cisco Certified Networking Administrator (CCNA), Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_CCNA
Control Number: 42525
Not Financial Aid Eligible
The courses in this program provide students with a solid foundation in the tools, techniques, and procedures used by computer networking professionals. Program courses are hands-on intensive, covering topics such as cabling, router, and switch configurations, routing protocols, network addressing, Frame Relay, variable-length subnet masking, Network Address Translation (NAT), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Wide Area Network (WAN) design, and cloud fundamentals. The program is designed to help students develop in-demand skills to prepare for the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification Exam.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to solve common networking problems to design and implement a workable solution.
- Build and maintain secure networks.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:|
|CST C110||Computer Hardware and Software (A+ Essentials)||4|
|CST C198||Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Foundations||3|
|CST C201D||CCNA 1: Introduction to Networks (ITN)||3|
|CST C202D||CCNA 2: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials||3|
|CST C203D||CCNA 3: Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation||3|