Data Science, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_DTSCI
Control Number: 41082
Financial Aid Eligible
The Certificate of Achievement in Data Science will provide students with a solid foundation in the fields of data science, business intelligence, and analytics. The program is designed to prepare students for entry-level jobs, or to help them advance into careers, such as Associate Data Scientist, Junior Data Scientist, Modeling and Simulation Specialist, Modeling and Simulation Analyst, Big Data Analyst, and Senior Data Analyst.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply the methods, techniques, and tools relevant to data science.
- Solve organizational problems by applying the methods, techniques, and tools relevant to systems analysis and design.
- Demonstrate prescriptive analytics techniques to common business scenarios.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:|
|CIS C157||Introduction to Python Programming||3|
|MATH C160||Introduction to Statistics||4|
|CIS C250||Introduction to Data Analytics||3|
|CIS C260||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|CIS C280||Data Visualization||3|
|CIS C285||Prescriptive Analytics||3|
|CIS C290||Introduction to Data Science and Machine Learning||3|