Data Analytics, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_DATA
Control Number: 38543
Financial Aid Eligible
This program provides students with a solid foundation in the fields of data science, business intelligence, and analytics. The program is designed to prepare students for entry-level jobs or to help them advance into careers, such as Business Analytics Specialist, Data Analyst, Data Visualization Developer, Operations Research Analyst, and Market Research Analyst. Topics covered include data analysis, data mining, statistical modeling, SQL queries and data views, systems analysis and design, data visualization and reporting, and applied predictive analytics.
Program Level Student Level Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply the methods, techniques, and tools relevant to data analytics.
- Solve organizational problems by applying the methods, techniques, and tools relevant to systems analysis and design.
- Demonstrate predictive analytics techniques to provide recommendations for common business scenarios.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:|
|CIS C111||Information Systems, Programming, and Database Management||3|
|CIS C157||Introduction to Python Programming||3|
|CIS C240||SQL Database Development||3|
|CIS C250||Introduction to Data Analytics||3|
|CIS C260||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|CIS C275||Data Mining and Analytics (Data+)||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Introduction to Geographic Information Systems and Techniques with Lab|
|Units Required for Major||21|