Data Analytics, Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement in Data Analytics will provide students with a solid foundation in the fields of data science, business intelligence, and analytics. The program is designed to prepare students for entry-level jobs, or to help them advance into careers, such as Business Analytics Specialist, Data Analyst, Data Visualization Developer, Operations Research Analyst, and Market Research Analyst. Topics covered will include statistics, research methods, SQL queries and data views, systems analysis and design, and applied predictive analytics.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply the methods, techniques, and tools relevant to data analytics.
- Solve organizational problems by applying the methods, techniques, and tools relevant to systems analysis and design.
- Demonstrate predictive analytics techniques to common business scenarios.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Achievement
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|MATH C160||Introduction to Statistics||4|
|PSYC C280||Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology||4|
|CIS C240||SQL Database Development||3|
|or CST C157||SQL Database Development|
|CIS C250||Data Analytics 1 - Introduction to Data Analytics||3|
|CIS C260||Data Analytics 2 - Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|CIS C270||Data Analytics 3 - Applied Predictive Analytics||3|