Introduction to Programming, Certificate of Accomplishment
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of the software development lifecycle using software application development techniques to solve common business problems by designing and implementing an appropriate solution that meets industry standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to program using Java.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|CIS C111||Information Systems, Programming, and Database Management||3|
|CIS C155||Introduction to Programming Using Java||3|
|CIS C157||Introduction to Python Programming||3|