Introduction to Programming, Certificate of Accomplishment
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CE_INPR
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of the software development lifecycle using software application development techniques to solve common business problems by designing and implementing an appropriate solution that meets industry standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to program using Java.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|CIS C111||Information Systems, Programming, and Database Management||3|
|CIS C155||Introduction to Java Programming||3|
|CIS C157||Introduction to Python Programming||3|