Health Science, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_HSCI
Control Number: 33112
Financial Aid Eligible
This program prepares students for entry into health professional programs or jobs in the medical field. Coursework provides many of the science prerequisites for programs in health professions such as nursing, physician assistant, pharmacy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, dental hygiene, radiology technology, dentist, and medical doctor.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Find, select, and evaluate scientific information present in primary research literature, mass media, online, or other sources.
- Communicate biological concepts effectively in written and/or oral forms.
- Communicate chemical concepts effectively in written and/or oral forms.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:|
|BIOL C210||General Microbiology||5|
|BIOL C220||Human Anatomy||5|
|BIOL C225||Human Physiology||4|
|CHEM C110||Introduction to Chemistry||5|
|or CHEM C180|
| General Chemistry A|
and General Chemistry A Lab