Allied Health Care Careers, Certificate of Achievement
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CN_AHC
Control Number: 39469
This program emphasizes common coursework for careers in Allied Health. Health care continues to be one of the top job employment opportunities throughout the nation.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Find, select and evaluate scientific information present in primary research literature, mass media, online or other sources.
- Distinguish between personal opinion and evidence gathered using the scientific process.
- Utilize investigative methods to collect, interpret, and present scientific data on psychological topics.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|BIOL C104||Medical Terminology for Health Professionals||3|
|BIOL C109||Career Choices in Healthcare||1|
|PSYC C100||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|SOC C100||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Complete two of the following:|
|Introduction to the Concepts of Anatomy and Physiology|
or BIOL C221
|Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology|
|Introduction to Chemistry|
|Introduction to Kinesiology|
|Introduction to Statistics|