Management, Certificate of Achievement
The Management Certificate program provides a broad introduction to business management.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively communicate solutions to business problems, using appropriate language and tools and demonstrating understanding of business terms and concepts.
- Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information-based approach.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing global environment.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Achievement
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|BUS C100||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS C110||Business Law/Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUS C120||Personal Finance||3|
|BUS C150||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|MS C102||Human Relations in Business||3|
|Select 9-11 units of the following:||9-11|
|Introduction to Accounting|
|Financial Accounting 1|
|Managerial Accounting 1|
|ACCT for Non-Financial Managers, Entrepreneurs, Business Owners|
|Introduction to Project Management|
|E-Commerce: Strategic Thinking and Management|
|Entrepreneurship and Small Business Operations and Management|
|Introduction to Information Systems|
|Information Systems, Programming, and Database Management|
|Principles of Microeconomics 1|
|Principles of Macroeconomics 1|
|Business Organization and Management|
|Management and Employee Communication|
|Human Resource Management|
|Introduction to Leadership|
|Work Based Learning|
or MS C284
|Work Based Learning|
|Business and Organizational Ethics|
|Total for Major||24-26|
These courses are recommended for transfer students majoring in business areas.