Process Technician Fundamentals, Certificate of Accomplishment
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CE_PRTF
The courses offered to obtain this certificate will give the students the basic skills needed to obtain an entry level Processing Technician position within a variety of industrial fields. Process technology involves every aspect of chemical processing: extracting and refining chemicals such as oil and natural gas, refining and monitoring them.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Comply with environmental and safety regulations.
- Safely operate process equipment.
- Work as a team member.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|PTEC C110||Introduction to Process Technology||3.0|
|PTEC C113||Process Technology 1: Equipment||3.0|
|PTEC C114||Process Technology 2: Systems||3.0|
|PTEC C115||Process Technology 3: Operations||3.0|