Process Technology, Certificate of Achievement
The courses offered to obtain this award will give the students the basic skills needed to obtain an entry-level Process Technician position within a variety of industrial fields. Process technology involves every aspect of chemical processing: extracting and refining chemicals such as oil and natural gas, refining and monitoring them.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Comply with environmental and safety regulations.
- Safely operate process equipment.
- Measure and control a process.
- Work as a team member.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Achievement
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
Students will complete all of the following:
|PTEC C110||Introduction to Process Technology||3.0|
|PTEC C111||Health, Safety, and Environment||3.0|
|PTEC C112||Quality Management||1.5|
|PTEC C113||Process Technology 1: Equipment||3.0|
|PTEC C114||Process Technology 2: Systems||3.0|
|PTEC C115||Process Technology 3: Operations||3.0|
|PTEC C116||Instrumentation 1||3.0|
|PTEC C117||Instrumentation 2||3.0|
|CIS C100||Introduction to Information Systems||3.0|
|Total Major Preparation||25.5|