Cybersecurity Fundamentals, Certificate of Accomplishment
Banner Code: 3_CE_CYFUND
Not Financial Aid Eligible
This certificate program provides students with a preliminary foundation in the fields of cybersecurity and computer networking. The program courses include fundamental skills in cybersecurity principles, cyber resilience, computer networking, computer and network security, server administration, and introductory programming. The hands-on and technical writing assignments provide students with the foundational skills needed for an entry-level career in the field of cybersecurity.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate and communicate the human role in security systems with an emphasis on ethics, social engineering vulnerabilities, and training.
- Assess security risks and identify methods to minimize their threat and/or impact.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to resolve security-related issues with networking hardware and software.
- Apply risk management concepts to develop policies and procedures following security best practices.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses but will still need to meet the overall unit requirement specified for the certificate.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met by prior coursework.
|Complete the following:|
|CYBR C101||Introduction to Cybersecurity||3|
|CST C128||Computer Networking Principles (Network+)||3|
|CST C158||Contemporary Operating Systems (Server+)||3|
|CIS C157||Introduction to Python Programming||3|