Dietary Management, Certificate of Achievement
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CN_DIET
Control Number: 39568
The Certificate of Achievement in Dietary Management provides the education and training in nutrition, foodservice, personnel and communication, sanitation and safety, and business operations which enables students to competently perform the responsibilities of a dietary manager and prepares students to take nationally recognized Certified Dietary Manager Credentialing Exam and fulfilling the requirements needed to maintain certified status. Certified Dietary Managers (CDM) are nationally recognized experts at managing foodservice operations and ensuring food safety; they are responsible for the daily operations of foodservice department, according to facility policy and procedures and federal/state regulations.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Participate in the operation of food service systems to assure the nutrition needs of clients are being met.
- Identify practices necessary to assure a safe and sanitary food service environment.
- Plan and implement care plans to meet basic nutrition needs of clients.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|FN C160||Food Safety and Sanitation||3|
|FN C180||Nutrition and Disease||3|
|FN C190||Foodservice Management||3|
|FN C283||Work Based Learning in Business Operations and Personnel Management||1|
|FN C284||Work Based Learning in Foodservice, Sanitation and Safety||1.5|
|FN C285||Work Based Learning in Nutrition||0.5|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Global Perspectives of Food and Culture|
|Nutrition through the Lifecycle|
|Introduction to Wellness Coaching|