Anthropology, Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer (AA-T)
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AAT_ANTH
Control Number: 32488
Students graduating with an Associate in Arts in Anthropology for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Anthropology AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
- Gain an understanding of and an appreciation for human diversity across time and space.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
|ANTH A100||Cultural Anthropology||3|
|or ANTH A100H||Cultural Anthropology Honors|
|ANTH A185||Physical Anthropology||3|
|or ANTH A185H||Introduction to Physical Anthropology Honors|
|ANTH A185L||Phys Anthropology Lab||1|
|ANTH A280||Introduction to Archaeology||3|
|Core Courses Subtotal||10|
|Select a minimum of nine units of the following:||9|
|Anthropolgy of Nonverbal Behavior|
|Introduction to Primate Studies|
|Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology|
|Magic, Witchcraft, and Religion|
|World Regional Geography|
or GEOG A180H
|Physical Geography Honors|
|Physical Geography Lab|
|World History 1|
or HIST A161H
|World History 1 Honors|
|World History 2|
or HIST A162H
|World History 2 Honors|
|Western Civilization 1|
or HIST A180H
|Western Civilization 1 Honors|
|History of Western Civilization|
or HIST A185H
|History of Western Civilization Honors|
|Child Growth and Development|
|Life Span Developmental Psychology|
|Principles of Human Sexuality 1|
|Introduction to Sociology|
or SOC A100H
|Introduction to Sociology Honors|
|Introduction to Dating, Relationships, and Marriage|
|Minimum Program Major Units||19|
|AA General Education Option 1, 2, or 3||Varies|
|Transferable electives as needed to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|