Echocardiography and Vascular Ultrasound, Associate in Science Degree
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AS_CTEV
Control Number: 04043
Completion of this associate degree will allow students to pursue career opportunities such as noninvasive cardiovascular technologists, echocardiographer/echocardiography technologists, and cerebrovascular ultrasound technologists.
- Be prepared for entry-level employment as a professional and competent Cardiovascular Technologist to meet the needs of the local health care community.
Associate in Science Degree Requirements
- UNIT REQUIREMENT - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- MAJOR REQUIREMENT - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- MATHEMATICS REQUIREMENT - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
|ALH A010||Health Occupations||0.5|
|ALH A111||Medical Terminology||3|
Electrocardiography Technician Certificate of Achievement
|ALH A115||Patient Care||2.5|
|CVT A100||Introduction to Electrocardiography||2|
|CVT A150||Advanced Electrocardiography||2|
|CVT A160||Cardiac Anatomy/Pathophysiology||3|
|ALH A120||Human Diseases||2|
|CVT A130||Introduction to Invasive Cardiology||3|
|CVT A170||ECG Clinical Experience||5|
|CVT A190||Introduction to Sonography and Imaging Physics||3|
|CVT A200||Introduction to Echocardiography||3|
|CVT A205||Introduction to Echocardiography Lab||1|
|CVT A210||Echocardiography Clinical Lab 1||5|
|CVT A220||Ultrasound Sonographic Physics and Instrumentation||3.5|
|CVT A250||Advanced Echocadiography||3|
|CVT A255||Advanced Echocardiography Lab||1|
|CVT A260||Cerebrovascular and Peripheral Ultrasound||2.5|
|CVT A265||Echocardiography Clinical Lab 2||6|
|Program Major Units||30|
|AS General Education Option 1, 2, or 3||Varies|
|Transferable electives to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|
|Total Degree Units||60|
Electrocardiography Technician Suggested Elective