Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AS_CTEV
Control Number: 04043
Completion of this associate degree will allow students to pursue career opportunities such as noninvasive cardiovascular technologists, echocardiographer/echocardiography technologists, and cerebrovascular ultrasound technologists.
- Be prepared for entry-level employment as a professional and competent Cardiovascular Technologist to meet the needs of the local health care community.
Associate in Science Degree Requirements
- UNIT REQUIREMENT - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- MAJOR REQUIREMENT - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- MATHEMATICS REQUIREMENT - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
|Course ||Title ||Units |
|ALH A010||Health Occupations||0.5|
|ALH A111||Medical Terminology||3|
Electrocardiography Technician Certificate of Achievement
Plan of Study Grid
|ALH A115 ||Patient Care ||2.5 |
|CVT A100 ||Introduction to Electrocardiography ||2 |
|CVT A150 ||Advanced Electrocardiography ||2 |
|CVT A160 ||Cardiac Anatomy/Pathophysiology ||3 |
|ALH A120 ||Human Diseases ||2 |
|CVT A130 ||Introduction to Invasive Cardiology ||3 |
|CVT A170 ||ECG Clinical Experience ||5 |
|CVT A190 ||Introduction to Sonography and Imaging Physics ||3 |
| ||Total Units||22.5|
Plan of Study Grid
||Introduction to Echocardiography
||Introduction to Echocardiography Lab
||Echocardiography Clinical Lab 1
||Ultrasound Sonographic Physics and Instrumentation
||Advanced Echocardiography Lab
||Cerebrovascular and Peripheral Ultrasound
||Echocardiography Clinical Lab 2
| ||Total Units||25|
|Program Major Units
|AS General Education Option 1, 2, or 3
|Transferable electives to satisfy unit requirement
|Total Degree Units