Digital Arts, Associate in Arts Degree
Banner code: 2_AA_DART
Financial aid: Eligible
This major will prepare the student for employment in the field of graphic design illustration. It consists of experiences in applied design, digital imaging, graphic design principles, layout and design, and web page design. The focus is upon an introduction to advertising, visual communication, and skills in graphic design, illustration, and preparing art for reproduction.
Potential careers students may enter upon completion are as follows:
- Web Designer
- Corporate Designer
- In-house Designer
- Advertising Designer
- Freelance Designer
- Editorial Designer
- Typography Designer
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Generate artwork utilizing advanced principles of design and applying these to a multimedia environment.
- Interpret terminology for effective generation and discussion of advanced level digital art projects.
- Utilize software to generate advanced level digital art projects.
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
- Completion of General Education Requirements by one of the following methods:
- Completion of a minimum of 18 units as listed under Areas A through E, including the Cultural Diversity Requirement.
- Completion of a minimum of 39 units of CSU General Education requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in CSU General Education Breadth.
- Completion of a minimum of 34 (UC) or 37 (CSU) units of Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in IGETC.
- Completion of a Major or Area of Emphasis—a minimum of 18 units.
- Completion of additional elective units to a total of 60 units.
- 2.0 overall Grade Point Average at GWC and 2.0 overall Grade Point Average for all colleges attended.
- At least 12 units completed at GWC.
Students should consult a GWC counselor in order to select the best pathway to meet their educational goals. For students who intend to transfer, the choice of general education will be specific to both their major and transfer institution.
|DART G103||Digital 2D Design||3|
|DART G135||Introduction To Adobe Illustrator||3|
|DART G150||Photoshop, Beginning||3|
|DART G170||Graphic Design Principles||3|
|DART G174||Introduction To Page Layout & Design - Adobe Indesign||3|
|DART G177||Graphic Design Principles On The Computer||3|
|DART G178||Introduction To Web Page Design||3|
|GE Pattern (Local, CSU GE-Breadth, or IGETC)||18-39|