Management, Associate in Arts Degree
Banner code: 2_AA_MGMT
Financial aid: Eligible
This program is designed for students who want to expand their job skills and those who are seeking to advance to supervisory or management positions in their current place of employment.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Define and describe the functions of management.
- Increase one’s leadership and teamwork skills.
- Develop analytical skills for gathering, organizing, and utilizing information to meet situational demands.
- Enhance communication skills for managerial effectiveness.
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
- Completion of General Education Requirements by one of the following methods:
- Completion of a minimum of 18 units as listed under Areas A through E, including the Cultural Diversity Requirement.
- Completion of a minimum of 39 units of CSU General Education requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in CSU General Education Breadth.
- Completion of a minimum of 34 (UC) or 37 (CSU) units of Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in IGETC.
- Completion of a Major or Area of Emphasis—a minimum of 18 units.
- Completion of additional elective units to a total of 60 units.
- 2.0 overall Grade Point Average at GWC and 2.0 overall Grade Point Average for all colleges attended.
- At least 12 units completed at GWC.
Students should consult a GWC counselor in order to select the best pathway to meet their educational goals. For students who intend to transfer, the choice of general education will be specific to both their major and transfer institution.
|BUS G100||Introduction To Business||3|
|MGMT G110||Elements Of Management||3|
|MGMT G115||Essentials of Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGMT G140||Business and Organizational Ethics||3|
|BUS G130||Introduction To Business Writing||3|
|or BUS G139||Business Communication|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|MGMT G111||Human Resources Management||3|
|MGMT G130||Team Building And Group Dynamics||3|
|MGMT G152||Starting a Business - Entrepreneurial Small Business||3|
|MGMT G155||Customer Service||3|
|MKTG G135||Retail Management||3|
|GE Pattern (Local, CSU GE-Breadth, or IGETC)||18-39|