Business Administration, Associate in Arts Degree
Banner code: 2_AA_BSAD
Financial aid: Eligible
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for careers in business in both the private and public sectors. It also prepares students for further studies in business, management, and other related disciplines.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify, analyze, and solve a variety of business problems.
- Develop an understanding of business issues to make informed business decisions.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills used in today’s business environment.
- Possess knowledge of financial report preparation and interpretation.
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
- Completion of General Education Requirements by one of the following methods:
- Completion of a minimum of 18 units as listed under Areas A through E, including the Cultural Diversity Requirement.
- Completion of a minimum of 39 units of CSU General Education requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in CSU General Education Breadth.
- Completion of a minimum of 34 (UC) or 37 (CSU) units of Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in IGETC.
- Completion of a Major or Area of Emphasis—a minimum of 18 units.
- Completion of additional elective units to a total of 60 units.
- 2.0 overall Grade Point Average at GWC and 2.0 overall Grade Point Average for all colleges attended.
- At least 12 units completed at GWC.
Students should consult a GWC counselor in order to select the best pathway to meet their educational goals. For students who intend to transfer, the choice of general education will be specific to both their major and transfer institution.
|ACCT G100||Introduction to Accounting||3-4|
|or ACCT G101||Financial Accounting|
|BUS G108||Legal Environment Of Business||3|
|or BUS G110||Business Law|
|BUS G130||Introduction To Business Writing||3|
|or BUS G139||Business Communication|
|MGMT G110||Elements Of Management||3|
|MKTG G100||Principles Of Marketing||3|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|ECON G170||Principles of Micro Economics||3|
|ECON G175||Principles of Macro Economics||3|
|ACCT G102||Managerial Accounting||4|
|ACCT G215||Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Internal Control Compliance||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|BUS G210||Securities And Investments||3|
|MGMT G111||Human Resources Management||3|
|MGMT G115||Essentials of Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGMT G130||Team Building And Group Dynamics||3|
|MGMT G140||Business and Organizational Ethics||3|
|MGMT G155||Customer Service||3|
|GE Pattern (Local, CSU GE-Breath, or IGETC)||18-39|