Business Information Worker I, Part 2, Certificate of Completion
Banner code: 2_NCJ_BIWT
Financial aid: Not eligible
The Business Information Worker I (BIW I) is a state-wide structured pathway to equip students for entry level employment in a variety of business environments. Designed in conjunction with faculty and the business community, this 8-course pathway provides a solid foundation in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and strong digital and web literacy skills to bring efficiency and productivity to the workplace. The Business Information Worker I curriculum also fosters critical thinking, problem solving, and business communication skills that are essential for a student to utilize in the workplace.
This non-credit certificate of completion, Business Information Worker I, Part 2, consists of the second sequence of the 8-course BIW I pathway. The second certificate of completion, Business Information Worker I, Part 2, will contain the remainder of the courses that make up the BIW I pathway. Together, both certificates of completion comprise the entire 8-course sequence in the BIW I pathway.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively using basic oral and written methods.
- Demonstrate basic computer literacy to operate, maintain, protect, and support data files.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to facilitate customer service and bring value to an organization.
- Utilize computer application software to create, edit, and organize various documents, forms, spreadsheets, and other file types.
- Develop applicable communication techniques to share, distribute, and collaborate information using office software.
Certificate of Completion Requirements
This award confirms that a student has completed a noncredit program that prepares students to progress in a career path or to take degree-applicable courses.
|CBA G155N||Microsoft WORD, Introduction||54|
|CBA G160N||Microsoft EXCEL, Introduction||54|
|CBA G149N||Microsoft Outlook||54|
|BUS G130N||Introduction to Business Writing||54|