Digital Media Design, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_DMD
Control Number: 11378
Financial Aid Eligible
Completion of the Digital Media Design Certificate will prepare students for entry-level positions in print, graphic design, digital media, animation/gaming graphics, web design graphics, digital media business basics and/or other related occupations. Students will establish a strong foundation in both the technical and creative aspects of the digital media industry.
The program will emphasize creativity, design skills, digital portfolios, project management, business basics, problem-solving, global teamwork, and entrepreneurship options.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to create projects with the appropriate settings within the software for web, print, and animation while using basic design principles and best practices employed in the design industry.
- Demonstrate proficiency in determining the type of copyright, permissions, and licensing required to use specific content.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the purpose, audience, and audience needs for preparing images.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:|
|DGA C116A||Adobe Photoshop 1||3|
|DGA C117||Typography Fundamentals||3|
|DGA C118A||Introduction to Adobe Illustrator||3|
|DGA C120||Introduction to InDesign||3|
|DGA C135||Digital Media Design Principles||3|
|DGA C136||Digital Media Business Basics||3|