Digital Media Design, Certificate of Achievement
Completion of the Digital Media Design Certificate will prepare students for entry-level positions in print, graphic design, digital media, animation/gaming graphics, web design, and/or other related occupations. Students will establish a strong foundation in both the technical and creative aspects of the digital media industry.
The program will emphasize creativity, design skills, digital portfolios, project management, problem solving, global teamwork, and entrepreneurship options.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Produce creative, professional projects that align with current market trends and industry standards as well as apply strategies to support self-initiated lifelong learning to continually upgrade knowledge and skills in the field of digital media and entrepreneurship opportunities.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Achievement
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|ART C110||Color and Design: 2-D||3|
|BC C124||Using Adobe Acrobat||3|
|DGA C116A||Adobe Photoshop 1||3|
|DGA C117||Typography Fundamentals||3|
|DGA C118A||Introduction to Adobe Illustrator||3|
|DGA C120||Introduction to InDesign||3|
|DGA C121||Introduction to Adobe Premiere||3|
|DGA C122||Introduction to After Effects||3|
|DGA C166A||Dreamweaver Basics||3|
|DGA C166C||Adobe Animate||3|