Digital Media: Animation and Gaming Foundation, Certificate of Accomplishment
Banner Code: 3_CE_ANI
Not Financial Aid Eligible
The Animation/Gaming Foundations Certificate consists of the foundational courses that would prepare students to become entry level animators.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Select and use appropriate software and apply conceptual thinking skills to solve problems and complete specific technology-related projects.
- Demonstrate understanding of the implications of market trends on the needs and evolving styles within the media industry.
- Interpret the ideas being communicated by analyzing the visual elements and principles of design.
- Solve visual problems involving craftsmanship by using the creative process.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses but will still need to meet the overall unit requirement specified for the certificate.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met by prior coursework.
|Complete the following:|
|DGA C118A||Introduction to Adobe Illustrator||3|
|DGA C122||Introduction to After Effects||3|
|DGA C166C||Adobe Animate||3|
|DGA C111||3D Animation||3|