Penetration Testing, Certificate of Accomplishment
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CE_PENTST
This Certificate of Accomplishment will provide students with a foundation in the field of Penetration Testing. The courses include fundamental skills needed in information security, cybersecurity principles, ethical hacking, and penetration testing. The emphasis on hands-on security practices and vulnerability testing will provide students with the foundational skills needed for an entry-level career in penetration testing. Topics covered will include computer and network security, infrastructure and operational security, risk mitigation, ethics, hardware vulnerabilities, hacker techniques, and security policies and procedures.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency with various vulnerability testing tools to find common security problems using theories learned in the classroom to document system vulnerabilities.
- Explain the process of leveraging information to prepare for exploitation.
- Using report writing and handling best practices, report on findings and remediation.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|CST C191A||CompTIA Linux+||3|
|CST C230||Introduction to Security||3|
|CST C232B||Introduction to Ethical Hacking||3|