IT Foundation, Certificate of Accomplishment
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CE_ITFOUN
This Certificate of Accomplishment will provide students with a preliminary foundation in the field of Computer Networking. The courses include fundamental skills needed in computer networking, help desk troubleshooting, and security best practices for devices. The emphasis on Computer Networking will provide students with the foundational skills needed for an entry-level career in computer networking. Topics covered will include IT terminology and concepts, infrastructure, managing applications and software, software development concepts, database fundamentals, and device security.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency using Internet research techniques to solve common troubleshooting problems by designing and implementing an appropriate solution that meets industry standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to assemble and/or upgrade a personal computer.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|CST C104||IT Fundamentals||3|
|CST C116A||A+ Essentials Hardware||3|
|CST C117A||A+ Essentials Software||3|