Cybersecurity Fundamentals, Certificate of Accomplishment
This Certificate of Accomplishment will provide students with a preliminary foundation in the fields of Computer Networking and Cybersecurity. The courses include fundamental skills needed in computer networking, server administration, and cybersecurity principles. The emphasis on Computer Networking and Cybersecurity will provide students with the foundational skills needed for an entry-level career in Cybersecurity. Topics covered will include networking fundamentals, computer and network security, programming with Python, Linux and Windows server administration, and security policies and procedures.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve security-related problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software tools to solve common security problems using theories learned in the classroom to design and implement an appropriate solution that meets industry standards.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|CST C230||Introduction to Security||3|
|CIS C157||Introduction to Python Programming||3|