Cybersecurity and Computer Networking, Certificate of Accomplishment
Banner Code: 3_CE_CYBR2
Not Financial Aid Eligible
This certificate program provides students with the basic skills needed for an entry-level career in cybersecurity or computer networking, such as Cybersecurity Specialist or Network Administrator. The program courses provide an overview of the field of cybersecurity as related to computer networking. Topics covered include computer network security, operating system security, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, incident monitoring and analysis, and computer security policies and procedures. The program courses include hands-on and technical writing assignments to help students develop in-demand skills for the cybersecurity workforce.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate and communicate the human role in security systems with an emphasis on ethics, social engineering vulnerabilities, and training.
- Assess security risks and identify methods to minimize their threat and/or impact.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to resolve security-related issues with networking hardware and software.
- Apply risk management concepts to develop policies and procedures following security best practices.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses but will still need to meet the overall unit requirement specified for the certificate.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met by prior coursework.
|Complete the following:|
|CYBR C101||Introduction to Cybersecurity||3|
|CST C128||Computer Networking Principles (Network+)||3|
|Select three courses of the following:||9|
|Linux Operating System Principles (Linux+)|
|Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Foundations|
|Cybercrime and CSIRT Coordination|
|Network Security (Security+)|
|Certified Information Systems Security Professional|