Cybersecurity and Computer Networking, Certificate of Accomplishment
The Cybersecurity and Computer Networking Certificate of Accomplishment will give the students some of the basic skills needed for an entry-level career in cybersecurity. The courses provide an overview of the field of cybersecurity as related to computer networking. Topics covered will include computer network security, Windows operating system security, Linux security, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, digital forensics, penetration testing, incident monitoring and analysis, incident response, computer security policies and procedures, e-mail & Web security, and designing and building a secure computer network.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to solve common security networking problems using theories learned in the classroom to design and implement a workable solution.
- Build and maintain secure networks.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|CST C230||Introduction to Security||3|
|Select a minimum of nine units of the following:||9|
|CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner|
|Introduction to Digital Forensics|
|Cisco ASA, PIX, and Network Security|
|Linux Networking and Security|
|Certified Information Systems Security Professional|