Cybersecurity, Certificate of Achievement
The Cybersecurity program will give the students the hands-on skills needed for an entry-level career or promotion in cybersecurity. The courses provide an overview of the field of cybersecurity as related to computer networking. Topics covered will include computer network security, Windows and Linux operating system security, digital forensics, penetration testing, incident monitoring and analysis, incident response, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, computer security policies and procedures, e-mail & Web security, and securing a computer network.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve computer security problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to find common security vulnerabilities using theories learned in the classroom to design and implement a workable solution.
- Assess and evaluate computer incidents and recommend an incident response solution based on industry best practices.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Achievement
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|CST C230||Introduction to Security||3|
|CIS C157||Introduction to Python Programming||3|
|Select three of the following:||9|
|CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner|
|Introduction to Ethical Hacking|
|Introduction to Digital Forensics|
|Cisco ASA, PIX, and Network Security|
|Linux Networking and Security|
|Certified Information Systems Security Professional|