Computer Networking: Microsoft Windows Server, Certificate of Achievement
The program in Computer Networking: Microsoft Windows Server provides students with a solid foundation in the field of Computer Networking. With an emphasis on Microsoft Server, the program is designed to prepare students for an entry-level career in various computer networking roles, such as network administrator, network engineer, network architect, computer systems administrator, computer network specialist, and network analyst. The courses provide an overview of the field of computer networking from the Microsoft MCSE perspective. Topics covered include Microsoft Server and Workstation operating systems; active directory, security, virtualization, backup and recovery, installation and configuration, group policies, and DNS. The program includes hands-on lab assignments to help students develop their skills for the computer networking workforce.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to solve common networking problems using theories learned in the classroom to design and implement a workable solution.
- Build and maintain secure networks.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Achievement
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|CST C116A||A+ Essentials Hardware||3|
|CST C177A||Configuring Microsoft Windows 10||3|
|CST C222A||Installing/Configuring Windows Server 2016||3|
|CST C223A||Networking with Windows Server 2016||3|
|CST C224A||Identity with Windows Server 2016||3|
|Select two from the following:|
|A+ Essentials Software|
|SQL Server Design and Implementation|
|Configuring Windows Devices|
|Introduction to Security|
|Total for Major||27|