Computer Networking: Cisco, Certificate of Achievement
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CN_CNCIS
Control Number: 20379
The Computer Networking: Cisco program will give the student a solid background in the field of Computer Networking. The focus on Cisco courses helps prepare students for the CCNA Certification Exam and for entry-level Networking positions. Courses are hands-on intensive and cover OSI and TCP/IP models, IPv4 and IPv6, cabling, router and switch configurations, routing protocols, LAN switching, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, Frame Relay, variable length subnet masking, NAT, DHCP, and WAN design.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to solve common networking problems using theories learned in the classroom to design and implement a workable solution.
- Build and maintain secure networks.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|CST C116A||A+ Essentials Hardware||3|
|CST C201D||CCNA 1: Introduction to Networks (ITN)||3|
|CST C202D||CCNA 2: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials||3|
|CST C203D||CCNA 3: Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation||3|
|Select one course from the following:||3|
|MD-100: Windows 10|
|Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Foundations|
|Introduction to Security|