IT Support Specialist, Certificate of Accomplishment
Banner Code: 3_CE_ITSS
Not Financial Aid Eligible
The courses in this certificate program provide students with the basic hands-on skills needed to perform entry-level help desk computer support. Topics include the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for CompTIA certifications including A+ Essentials, Network+, and Security+. The courses emphasize development of fundamental technical skills needed in computer networking, help desk troubleshooting, and best practices.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to solve common networking problems to design and implement a workable solution.
- Build and maintain secure networks.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses but will still need to meet the overall unit requirement specified for the certificate.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met by prior coursework.
|Complete the following:|
|CST C104||IT Fundamentals||3|
|CST C110||Computer Hardware and Software (A+ Essentials)||4|
|CST C128||Computer Networking Principles (Network+)||3|
|CYBR C230||Network Security (Security+)||3|