IT Support Specialist, Certificate of Accomplishment
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CE_ITSS
The courses in this certificate will provide students with the opportunity to learn basic hands-on skills needed to perform entry-level computer support. Topics include the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for CompTIA certifications including A+, Network+, Linux+ and Security+. Each course provides intensive hands-on assignments for skills development that meet industry demand.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to solve common networking problems using theories learned in the classroom to design and implement a workable solution.
- Build and maintain secure networks.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|CST C116A||A+ Essentials Hardware||3|
|CST C117A||A+ Essentials Software||3|
|CST C191A||CompTIA Linux+||3|
|CST C230||Introduction to Security||3|