CompTIA, Certificate of Accomplishment
The courses offered to obtain this certificate will give students the basic skills needed to provide entry level computer support. Topics provide skills necessary to prepare for CompTIA certifications, including Network+, A+, Linux+, and Security+. Each course provides intensive hands-on training.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to solve common networking problems using theories learned in the classroom to design and implement a workable solution.
- Build and maintain secure networks.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|CST C116||A+ Essentials Hardware||3|
|CST C117||A+ Essentials Software||3|
|CST C191||CompTIA Linux+||3|
|CST C230||Introduction to Security||3|