Medical Administrative Office Technician, Certificate of Accomplishment
Banner Code: 3_CE_MAOT
Not Financial Aid Eligible
The Medical Administrative Office Technician certificate program is designed to prepare students to work in a medical office environment such as a hospital, managed care facility, private medical office, and multi-specialty clinic. Students who complete this certificate will be prepared to manage front office activities.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Use appropriate software to create documents and digital files for the workplace.
- Input, organize, retrieve, and manipulate data for the workplace.
- Communicate effectively in the workplace.
- Apply Standard English principles when writing, editing, and speaking.
- Use medical terminology to create medical records and insurance claim forms, integrate appropriate terminology from patient files and physician notes, and analyze medical terminology to produce professional medical documents.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses but will still need to meet the overall unit requirement specified for the certificate.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met by prior coursework.
|Complete the following:|
|BC C112||Office Organization||3|
|BC C145||Medical Administrative Assistant 1||3|
|BC C163||Health Information Technology: Medical Terminology||3|
|ENGL C103||Business English||3|