Business Information Worker, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_BIW
Control Number: 35740
Financial Aid Eligible
The Business Information Worker Certificate of Achievement is designed to prepare students for entry-level office and administrative support in a variety of fields or businesses. (Formerly known as Office Admin/Specialist/Manager.)
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively, organize and manage daily operations in a professional office setting.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:|
|BC C104||Introduction to Windows Operating System||1.5|
|BC C107B||Keyboarding and Formatting Documents||1.5|
|BC C112||Office Organization||3|
|BC C115||Customer Service/Soft Skills||1.5|
|BC C120||Microsoft Excel 1||1.5|
|BC C121||Microsoft Excel 2||1.5|
|BC C147||Beginning Microsoft Word||2|
|BC C148||Intermediate Microsoft Word||2|
|CIS C100||Introduction to Information Systems||3|
|ENGL C136||Business Communication||3|