Business Information Worker, Certificate of Achievement
The Business Information Worker Certificate of Achievement is designed to prepare students for entry-level office and administrative support in a variety of fields or businesses. (Formerly known as Office Admin/Specialist/Manager.)
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively, organize and manage daily operations in a professional office setting.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Achievement
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|BC C104||Introduction to Windows Operating System||1.5|
|BC C107B||Keyboarding and Formatting Documents||1.5|
|BC C112||Office Organization||3|
|BC C115||Customer Service/Soft Skills||1.5|
|BC C120||Microsoft Excel 1||1.5|
|BC C121||Microsoft Excel 2||1.5|
|BC C147||Beginning Microsoft Word||2|
|BC C148||Intermediate Microsoft Word||2|
|CIS C100||Introduction to Information Systems||3|
|ENGL C136||Business Communication||3|