Retail Management Essentials, Certificate of Accomplishment
The Retail Management - Essentials Certificate is a specially recognized program designed to prepare individuals for the fast-paced retail industry. This program is also intended to help students develop an understanding of the retail manager’s job and the requirements for success in the retail environment. This program is approved by the Western Association of Food Chains (WAFC).
Program Level Student Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively communicate solutions to business problems, using appropriate language and tools and demonstrating understanding of business terms and concepts.
- Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information based approach.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing global environment.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|ACCT C116||ACCT for Non-Financial Managers, Entrepreneurs, Business Owners||3|
|CIS C111||Information Systems, Programming, and Database Management||3|
|MS C100||Business Organization and Management||3|
|MS C101||Management and Employee Communication||3|