Retail Management Essentials, Certificate of Accomplishment
Banner Code: 3_CE_RMESS
Not Financial Aid Eligible
The Retail Management Essentials Certificate is a specially recognized program designed to prepare individuals for the fast-paced retail industry. This program is also intended to help students develop an understanding of the retail manager’s job and the requirements for success in the retail environment. This program is approved by the Western Association of Food Chains (WAFC).
Program Level Student Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively communicate solutions to business problems, using appropriate language and tools and demonstrating understanding of business terms and concepts.
- Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information based approach.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing global environment.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses but will still need to meet the overall unit requirement specified for the certificate.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met by prior coursework.
|Complete the following:|
|ACCT C116||ACCT for Non-Financial Managers, Entrepreneurs, Business Owners||3|
|CIS C111||Information Systems, Programming, and Database Management||3|
|MS C100||Principles of Management||3|
|MS C101||Management and Employee Communication||3|