Retail Management, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_RTMG
Control Number: 20357
Financial Aid Eligible
Retail Management is a specially recognized program designed to prepare individuals for the fast-paced retail industry. This program is also intended to help students develop an understanding of the retail manager’s job and the requirements for success in the retail environment.
This program is approved by the Western Association of Food Chains (WAFC), and persons completing the prescribed courses are eligible to receive both the CCC Associate Degree (or Certificate of Achievement) and the WAFC Retail Management Certificate.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively communicate solutions to business problems, using appropriate language and tools and demonstrating understanding of business terms and concepts.
- Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information-based approach.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing global environment.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:
|ACCT for Non-Financial Managers, Entrepreneurs, Business Owners
|Introduction to Marketing
|Work Based Learning
|Information Systems, Programming, and Database Management
|Principles of Management
|Management and Employee Communication
|Human Relations in Business
|Human Resource Management
|Units Required for Major