Retail Management, Certificate of Achievement
Retail Management is a specially recognized program designed to prepare individuals for the fast-paced retail industry. This program is also intended to help students develop an understanding of the retail manager’s job and the requirements for success in the retail environment.
This program is approved by the Western Association of Food Chains (WAFC), and persons completing the prescribed courses are eligible to receive both the CCC Associate Degree (or Certificate of Achievement) and the WAFC Retail Management Certificate.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively communicate solutions to business problems, using appropriate language and tools and demonstrating understanding of business terms and concepts.
- Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information-based approach.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing global environment.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Achievement
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|ACCT C116||ACCT for Non-Financial Managers, Entrepreneurs, Business Owners||3|
|BUS C150||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|BUS C283||Work Based Learning||3|
|CIS C111||Information Systems, Programming, and Database Management||3|
|MS C100||Business Organization and Management||3|
|MS C101||Management and Employee Communication||3|
|MS C102||Human Relations in Business||3|
|MS C104||Human Resource Management||3|
|Total for Major||24|