Leadership, Certificate of Accomplishment
The Management and Supervision Leadership Certificate recognizes the formal leadership study, participation, and student commitment to student government at Coastline College as well as to student government organizations in the local region and the State of California. Students receiving the Leadership Certificate will have developed skills related to evaluating and assessing leadership characteristics and skills, communicating within groups, managing conflict, setting goals, solving problems creatively, facilitating effective decision-making, delegating tasks, inspiring a shared vision, motivating and enabling others, utilizing parliamentary procedures, and conducting effective meetings. Employers and four-year transfer institutions often place value upon involvement in student government or other direct leadership development activities.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively communicate solutions to business problems, using appropriate language and tools and demonstrating understanding of business terms and concepts.
- Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information-based approach.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing global environment.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|MS C144||Introduction to Leadership||3|
|MS C145||Personal Leadership||3|
|MS C150||Organizational Leadership 1||3|
|MS C151||Organizational Leadership 2||3|