Project Management, Certificate of Accomplishment
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CE_PRJM
The Project Management Certificate of Accomplishment addresses the increasing importance of team work in the business environment. The program is designed to provide an understanding of the concepts, tools, and techniques of formal project management. Concepts and methods learned are immediately usable in the workplace, leading to a greater retention of newly acquired skills, measurable project improvements, and the achievement of desired project results. The program focuses on key concepts in each of the process and knowledge areas of project management to create a unique learning experience that prepares students to manage projects in a global, multicultural, and online environment.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively communicate solutions to business problems, using appropriate language and tools and demonstrating understanding of business terms and concepts.
- Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information-based approach.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing global environment.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|BUS C100||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS C101||Introduction to Project Management||3|
|BUS C102||Advanced Project Management (PMP)||3|
|MS C102||Human Relations in Business||3|
|MS C144||Introduction to Leadership||3|