Business Economics, Certificate of Accomplishment
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CE_BUEC
This 13-unit certificate program provides students with the necessary knowledge to make informed business and financial decisions. Students will gain an understanding of basic economic theory as it applies to practical business decision making, resource allocation issues, accounting practices, international markets, legal considerations, and consumer behavior patterns. This certificate is useful as a pathway to a transfer degree, to advance a career, or to gain intuition into business and economic trends.
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed business and financial decisions.
- Apply basic economic theory as it applies to practical business decision making, resource allocation issues, accounting practices, international markets, legal considerations, and consumer behavior patterns.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students must complete each of the following with a grade of C or better|
|ACCT C101||Financial Accounting||4|
|ECON C170||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|Select one course|
|Introduction to Business|
|Entrepreneurship and Small Business Operations and Management|
|Select one course|
|Economic Issues and Policy|
|Business Law/Legal Environment of Business|