Business Administration, Associate in Science Degree for Transfer
The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer is designed to provide students with the common core of lower division courses required to transfer and pursue a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration. This includes business degrees with options such as accounting, finance, human resource management, international business, management, operations management, and marketing.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information-based approach.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrate awareness of ethical and social responsibility in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, changing environment.
- Effectively communicate solutions to business problems using appropriate language and tools through demonstrating an understanding of business terms and concepts.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units. A minimum of 12 units must be in residence at Coastline College.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in an Associate Degree for Transfer major as detailed in the catalog.
- Certified Completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE Breadth - Coastline’s Option 2 General Education pattern), OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC - Coastline Option 3 General Education pattern).
Requirements for the Major
|Students will complete all of the following courses:|
|ACCT C101||Financial Accounting||4|
|ACCT C102||Managerial Accounting||4|
|ECON C170||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|ECON C175||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|BUS C110||Business Law/Legal Environment of Business||3|
|Select one of the following:||4|
|Finite Mathematics With Applications|
|Introduction to Statistics|
|Select two of the following:||6|
Any course from List A not already taken
|Information Systems, Programming, and Database Management|
|Introduction to Business|
or ENGL C136
|Total Required for the Major||27|
|CSU General Education or IGETC pattern||37-39|
|Transfer Electives as needed to reach 60 transferable units|
|Total for Degree||60|